Friday, August 16, 2013

Life Update: Ethan's Christening

I am back after a long hiatus. I feel so ecstatic after PLDT resolved both my landline and internet issues 2 days ago. Now, I am demanding REFUNDS! Having said that, I believe it is time to update this poor blog with events that occurred recently. :)

I am officially a "Ninong" to this cutesie! #YAY



As cute as a button, lil Ethan Lucas is a close friend's first born. I volunteered to be the "unofficial" photographer of his christening and enjoyed it to bits. We are more than glad that everything went smoothly; from drafting the invitation card, to shopping for Ethan's baptismal barong, etc.


The christening ceremony was held at St. James Church in Plaridel, Bulacan. The church's facade is a deadringer to Malolos' famous Barasoain church. 



Thank heavens we're not late! When we got there, a short seminar was conducted for the godparents. More like a crash course for god-parenting. This gives us time to cool down while waiting for the main celebration to commence.


To pass time...


Then main celebration started with about more or less 30 parents eagerly waiting for their child to be baptized and officially welcomed into the Christian world.


then the wearing of the baptismal apron...


and finally the lighting of candles.




After the final blessing, we made use of the church's courtyard for a photo op.


The family! :)


We then headed home to celebrate with families and friends. 




 

Welcome to the Christian world again Ethan! I can't thank your parents enough for entrusting me to be one of your god-parents. May you be blessed and grow into a better individual and become a blessing to everyone! #hugs&kisses




xoxo,

Ninong Tristan





No comments:

Post a Comment

followers