Monday, July 7, 2014

Palawan Diaries: Uno

I opened my 2014 with a bang.

I went to Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan last January with a couple of friends. We decided to de-stress and chose this place after a long year of hard work. I mean what's not to like in Palawan?


Our first day includes island hopping along Honda Bay. After our guide picked us up in the airport and made a short stop to a diving equipment rental shop, we then hurriedly went to our first island stop, Starfish Island. When we got there, guests started to leave one by one until we get the island all to ourselves! Perfect.
the richness of the mangroves deserve some me-shot :)

We had our lunch here prepared by our guide which is by the way delicious. We had shrimps, mangga with bagoong, oysters, grilled squid and liempo to name a few. Thank heavens!



this playful monkey entertained us
After some fish feeding activity which took place after we had our belly-busting lunch, we headed to Lu-Li Island. Parang umayon samen ang panahon that time cos just like the first island, when we got there amin uli ang isla! #LuckyMePancitCanton



the never ending jump shot


Yes Please!



I am in awe when I set foot on this island. Parang angsaya tumira dito despite of it being called as "lulubog, lilitaw" . They deserve an A+ for maintaining the cleanliness of the island yet keeping everything natural. While my friends indulge themselves for an afternoon swim under the gray Honda Bay skies, i chose to take it all in and went for a walk around the island with my camera in tow. 

And our last stop for the day: 




This pretty much sums up our Cowrie trip and day 1. Lots to discuss in my next post. We headed to our home here in Palawan which is so beautiful i feel sorry for not taking a picture of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

followers